Official Tourism Website of Wiarton, Ontario

Grifith Island Lighthouse

The Griffith Island Lighthouse, one of John Brown’s Imperial Towers, was built on the east shore of Griffith Island in 1859. The keeper’s house has nearly collapsed, while the lighthouse structure remains intact. The Island is privately owned, while the lightstation is maintained by the Coast Guard. It is only visible by private boat from the water. Access is not permitted.